At the Potions Cauldron Group we are committed to being a sustainable business, meeting the needs of today’s customers without putting undue pressures on future generations.
To do this we will:
· Aim to minimise our impact as a business on the environment
· We will promote responsibility for the environment within the business
· Minimise the use of energy and water with regular audits
· Minimise waste and encourage reuse and recycle where possible
· Review the environmental impact of everything we do and seek less harmful solutions and alternatives where possible.
What we achieved between August 2022 and July 2023:
· Introduce smart sockets across the business, minimising our use of energy and eliminating vampire energy.
· Introduced new disposable cups that can be mainstream recycled.
· Pallet deliveries to minimise journeys to our outlets in Blackpool & Edinburgh.
· Introduce energy saving signs across the business, turn off lights etc
· Improved product and shop labelling to encourage recycling & reuse
· Provided all staff with reusable cups
· Introduced “Vegan” and “Recycle” logos and add to product labelling
We plan to focus on the following in the next 12 months and before August 2024:
Continue to explore opportunities to introduce renewable energy across our sites.
Implement Front of House recyclable signage for guests and customers.
Continue to minimise plastic use across the business.
Continue to maintain to Good Business Charter accreditation.